Skip to main content

My days in Japan : II

 On our journey to Mumbai international airport we found out that my and one of my colleague who initially missed our van had a ticket of same airline but the guy who boarded the van at the end was having a ticket of different airline. He became nervous as he was going to travel entire journey from Mumbai to Tokyo all alone and for the first time.
    We reached Mumbai international airport six in the evening. After getting inside we immediately checked in our luggage to avoid extra burden. I sat on a bench, thinking of how to spend time. I wondered, for a last whole week, I was in need of some spare time for relaxation and I could not afford it but now I was having a plenty of time to spend and I was getting bored I was not feeling like to take a rest.
   Three of us were wearing suit, neck tie, in a perfect formal attire, I was feeling like we are part of some high profile delegation and are visiting Japan to attend some important conference. After couple hours we decided to head for a security check and parted for our respective airlines. Two of us handed over our security bags into the scanner, completed our security check and proceeded further for our designated gate. We were going to fly by Malaysian airline and our next halt was at Kuala Lumpur. We took off from Mumbai in the midnight, its almost after eight years I was leaving my country. I was tired so after few minutes I was in deep sleep and only got up after it was announced by flight attendant that we are about to land Kuala Lumpur international airport in few minutes. It was 7:00 in the morning at Kuala Lumpur.
   The airport was  attractive, clean and competitive in every sense to the great airports of west. After relaxing for a while, I went to the wash room, it was crowded due to morning time. I stood in a long queue, the queue was colorful, people from various ethnicity were standing there, I was standing in a international queue in washroom. After refreshing, I started wandering on the airport. People were heading for their gates to catch connecting flights, some were relaxing or passing time like me waiting to open their gates. There were the people enjoying in their groups, occasionally arguing to each other on variety of topics. There were the people working on their laptops using the free internet service provided by the airport.  The international airports are like miniature world, you can find people from diverse backgrounds, you can observe them, their customs, you get an opportunity to communicate with them, it is just a small, charming and active world.
  I was watching the status of our flight to Tokyo, it was showing to move ahead for a security check. We started for our designated gate number. After going through security check, suddenly one of the security person approached me and started asking few questions like where are from? why are going to Japan? who is accompanying with you? I was confused at first but answered all the questions, he checked my passport again and then smiled and said 'its a routine check nothing else'.
  I heard an announcement stating that our flight to Tokyo is one and half an hour late, I was hungry and felt that it would have been better if I would have exchanged some of my Japanese Yens with Malaysian Ringgit. Now there was no other alternative than just to wait. There was middle aged Japanese couple sitting besides us. I was thinking to start practicing speaking in Japanese, I smiled and greeted them in Japanese, both of them smiled and greeted me in Hindi, saying 'Namaste'. I was surprised and asked them how they know this word. Then the man answered me in laughing, 'we have just arrived from your country, from city of Chennai'. Then I came to know that the couple can speak English fluently, so I was talking in Japanese with them and they were responding in English. At last the final announcement instructed us to board the flight, in sigh of relief we got up and headed towards the flight.
   
                                                                                                                  (in continuation)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing England II

  Warwick Castle:- This castle was built in 11th century by a Norman King called William the Conqueror. The castle is situated in Warwick shire county and is at around distance of 3 miles from Leamington Spa. Before visiting this castle, I had a different idea about this centuries old monument, I was thinking, it would be a monument which will be in the ruins or at least will be very old in appearance, will be isolated except few people, having deep interest in history or architecture. But when I actually visited the castle, I was surprised, the castle was having much more than just being an 'old castle'. There were various entertainment programs and games inside it. The castle was not appearing as an old castle, but a center of entertainment and enjoyment. There were considerable number of children accompanied by their parents. May be I was having the impression of the ancient Indian monuments or castles or ancient sites in my mind and made a mistake, it was English way of pre

Time Up...

   People of India are again on the streets, its the same reason, same cause, the same figure taking initiative for the cause. The cause which has ruined India since at least last five decades. The government tried to play the same old trick when they realized that people are supporting Mr.Anna Hazare in every way they can support. Government thinking that people of India are having the problem of "short term memory loss" will save them as the time will pass. But this time for their much surprise the people have overcome this problem and now we can see the helpless government and helpless leaders of the ruling party making irresponsible statements. Many of them have started accusing Mr. Anna Hazare of blame game, saying that Mr. Anna Hazare can not challenge the Indian Parliament, its not Mr. Anna's job to dictate the laws and policies. Yes, I agree Indian Parliament is the supreme institution when it comes to the making the laws and policies, but have our leader ever tri

My days in Japan : I

   Sometime your silent, straightforward life takes sudden turn, it changes drastically, you don't get time to prepare yourself  to face the new era of your life. In a same way, my life took a sharp turn in 2006, I was switching my job to company having customers in Japan. I joined the company office based in Pune. The induction and other formalities took place and my life in the new company started. I was happy and first few days passed in that happiness. But you quickly get bored at new place if you are not assigned any interesting work and same thing was happening to me. That boredom was irritating me and occasionally, thoughts of one more switch started coming to my mind. I was not doing any interesting or so called challenging work for almost next two months and finally on one fine morning I decided to ask my management about this and if they don't respond positively I was thinking to quit this job and find the new one. I talked to my manager and conveyed him my concern. H